Date:      Fri, 09 Jun 2000 10:54:22 -0400
From:      John Holland <john@zoner.org>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Hylafax security audit

Hylafax has been marked BROKEN/FORBIDDEN since 12/1/1999 due to a setuid
uucp buffer overflow in faxalter.  The fix for that overflow is trivial,
but I noticed a number of other of unchecked string copies in other
portions of the code.  I'd like to fix the buffer overflows so FreeBSD can
have a secure port of Hylafax.

Is anyone else working on this?  Is Hylafax doing anything about this?

Are there any functions other than these which I should check?

strcpy
strcat
getwd
gets