Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 1999 20:59:04 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brian Handy <handy@lambic.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>
Cc:        obrien@NUXI.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ATTENTION PLEASE:  g77 in base system.

On 9 Apr 1999, Dag-Erling Smorgrav wrote:

>> [4 people said "YES!  Add g77!"]

>I beg your pardon? You're adding g77 to the system because you know of
>four people who would find it useful? Where's the logic in that?

Well, statistically speaking, that's a bunch of "ayes" and no "noes".
Lots of things happen via implicit acceptance.  (I was one of the people
who spoke up in favor of this after David mentioned this.)

>If you do add it to the base system, make it optional. I don't care if
>it defaults to on, as long as I have the option to turn it off.

This doesn't seem unreasonable.  (I also really like Chuck's idea of
adding gcj in the same light.)

Happy trails,

Brian