Date:      Sun, 22 May 2005 15:13:30 +0800
From:      Erich Dollansky <oceanare@pacific.net.sg>
To:        Gerry Lawrence <freebsd@leanox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't make a kernel in 5.4 release -- cc dumps core.

Hi,

Gerry Lawrence wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone's see this:  <Sigh>
>

> (from a make depend, totally clean install of 5.4 release)
>
> <built-in>:1: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html>; for instructions.
> *** Error code 1

I have had similar problems after a binary upgrade.

I was able to overcome them only after I downloaded the sources via CVSup.

I have had to rebuild the kernel and world to get the system running
again. I runs now since more than a week without any glicht.

If this still does not help, try to install an older version (5.2 ...)
and check if your system works with it.

Erich