Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 1999 21:55:24 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@dogma.freebsd-uk.eu.org>
To:        Rainer M Duffner <Rainer.Duffner@surf24.de>
Cc:        Vladislav <reason@shadow.net>, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Q] packaging system

On Fri, 5 Nov 1999, Rainer M Duffner wrote:

>On Tue 07 Aug, Vladislav wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I have read that FreeBSD by March of '99 will
>> have a demo of a new packaging system that
>> should be great

Hopefully the FBSD team will have learned from everyone else's mistakes
and can also glean the best ideas from tarballs, RPM, and debian packages.
I just hope it's well thought out, and doesn't turn into some monstrosity
of mangled dependencies and disappearing install files that leave the user
trying to sort out a big mess.  Of course, the coherence of FreeBSD
compared to Linux should be a clear preventive.