Date:      Thu, 22 Mar 2007 01:40:48 -0500
From:      David Banning <david+dated+1174977648.a93167@skytracker.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   help on picking an IMAP server

I have been using imap-uw for some time but now I would like to
have an imap server that can have subfolders. Out with imap-uw..

I tried dovecot but I was unable to get it to create subfolders,
although it seems some say you can, may people are having problems
doing so, and I didn't like the fact that it changes the format of
the folders from the mbox standard.

So I tried cyrus-imap. It did allow me to create subfolders. Cyrus
however seems like it is a system-wide program. Where with imap-uw
and dovecot I could still keep my old non-imap mailboxes in tact
cyrus wants seemingly to control everything, doing away with /var/mail
and setting up it's own email format.

So I guess I'm hoping to get an imap-uw like imap, but one where I
can creat folders.

any suggestions?