Date:      Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:13:41 +1000
From:      Warren Liddell <shinjii@maydias.com>
To:        utisoft@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Wireless net Card

> Which Belkin wireless card do you have? Which arch are you running
> (i386/amd64)?
>
> I had horrific trouble with a Belkin on the Realtek chipset, played up
> with Ubuntu, FreeBSD, Fedora, even Windows!
>
> Trouble with Belkin is, you never know what you're getting. You need
> the revision number of the card, and then find out which chipset it
> is. Make sure the drivers you downloaded are for that exact revision.
>
> Hope you have more luck than I did, I tossed mine and bought a Ralink.
>
> Chris

AMD64 Arch & ironically it worked beautifully for ages in windows, but i  got
sick of windows having been used to FreeBSD, so i re-installed FreeBSD an
using the onboard LAN card atm, but am wanting to goto wireless.

none1@pci0:3:5:0:       class=0x020000 card=0x700f1799 chip=0x700f1799
rev=0x20 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Belkin Research and Development Labs'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet

Chipset is RT8185L an i used the ndisgen to create the .ko file, which is just
over 572kb in size.

ironically the 8180 works fine, but naturally wont do my wireless card.