Date:      Wed, 19 Nov 1997 13:06:26 -0700 (MST)
From:      Charles Mott <cmott@srv.net>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Mail spam, sigh...

On Wed, 19 Nov 1997, Sean Eric Fagan wrote:
> For the most part, the sendmail rules I sent out a while back are good
> enough, don't require a fixed IP address, and don't require you to get an AS
> number (which is the case if you go th egated route).  Quoth Paul, "wouldn't
> you rather just use DNS?"

Thanks to you and J. Bresler for explaining this.  I just checked the DNS
method for a few known spam addresses and it works amazingly well.

I would have to agree that Vixie would not want to have hundreds of
distinct home autonomous systems talking BGP with his router.  Even if
Paul wouldn't let me connect, I still am intrigued with having my own AS
number.  It would analogous being in a Cessna 172 waiting for takeoff
clearance with all these huge jets around you.

  -- Charles Mott