Date:      Wed, 31 May 1995 18:50:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        rashid@haven.ios.com (Rashid Karimov.)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI tape at target 1

Rashid Karimov. writes:

> 	With what options should I compile the kernel
> 	to have support for the SCSI tape at target 1 ?
> 	The tape is recognized at the system boot by
> 	the kernel .... I've enabled "device st0" and st1
> 	already ...
>
> 	What will be the device name ? /dev/rst1 ? /dev/rst0 ?

(This is more appropriately posted to -questions)

What did the kernel print out when it saw the tape drive?

If it recognized the tape then it already supports it.
By default the kernel "counts"
the SCSI devices so that the first tape it sees is st0.

You can configure the kernel so that it devices stay
in one place regardless of new devices if you want to; look in the
LINT kernel configuration or try "man 4 scsi".

--
Peter Dufault               Real Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.         Voice: 508 433 6936