Date:      Wed, 02 Dec 1998 15:36:11 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
To:        Roy.Nicholl@ASGtechnologies.com
Cc:        "'Jon Downey'" <jon.downey@ASGtechnologies.com>, www@FreeBSD.ORG, consulting@ASGtechnologies.com
Subject:   Re: Info for inclusion in your pages

> 	Though the proxy can be hosted on any UNIX platform [or even
> NT], we typically provide a FreeBSD based solution; we have found
> this to yield the best cost / performance. viz. we have a customer
> who uses four Pentium-Pro 200/256 boxes running our proxy on FreeBSD
> 3.0 to serve in excess of 20,000 seats.  These four boxes process
> over 1 million http transaction alone per day. At any given time,
> each of the proxy servers is running between 150 - 250 proxy
> processes [they are capable of a peak load of ~1K proxy processes
> each]. For this customer, two servers are quite capable of handling
> all traffic; the load has been distributed over four servers due to
> bandwidth limitations in the network [each box rarely breaks a load
> level of 0.5].

Impressive!  I don't suppose I could talk you out of an article for
the next issue of FreeBSD News describing any of your success stories
like this?  It would be good PR for your company (we ship over 30,000
printed copies of the newsletter and an collect an unknown number of
web hits for the HTML/PDF version) and interesting to our users to see
how FreeBSD is being used in "real world" situations.  What do you
think? :)

- Jordan