Date:      Wed, 7 Dec 2005 20:43:06 -0700
From:      <service@fixer.com>
To:        <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   can't find "libc.so.6"

umame -a ----  FreeBSD localhost 5.4-RELEASE FreeBSD-RELEASE #0 Wed Aug =
31 10:24:01 UTC 2005 root@/;/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/VIL    i386
----------------------------

I have FreeBSD-5.4 installed on a Pentium 4 computer.  I am trying to =
install wput-.0.5 (the package).  It requires libgnugotop-1.2.   I =
installed libgnugotop and wput.   This may not be required, but some =
programs do not work unless you shutdown and restart the computer.

Every time I try to run wput, I get a message that says "shared object   =
-- /libexec/ld-elf.so.1      libc.so.6  not found".  I find some of =
these libc programs on Google.com.  Right now, after trying to find =
libc.so.6, I think I'm "googled out".

I need to know where I can find "libc.so.6".  Hopefully, someone can =
help.

greg
webmasters@fixer.com