Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2018 13:43:56 +0100
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@selasky.org>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>, freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Convert MP3 audio to sheet music (score)

On 01/29/18 12:29, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My son plays alto flute and I'd like some portuguese music, which I have
> on CD and MP3, converted to music sheet so he could play it for me.
> I'm not an audio expert, so forgive my question: do we have something in
> our ports collection to archive such conversion?
>
> Thanks
>
> 	matthias

Hi,

I have a tool in my SVN which can recognize the full 12-step scale of tones:

svn --username anonsvn --password anonsvn \
       checkout svn://svn.turbocat.net/i4b/trunk/qadiosonar

1) compile (qmake + make all install)
2) run and select DSP devices, press APPLY.
3) press "add Piano"
4) There is even a raw MIDI backend, outputting MIDI events as tones are
detected, though it could need some love :-)

--HPS