Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2007 13:06:56 +0100
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely12.cicely.de>
To:        Krassimir Slavchev <krassi@bulinfo.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, ticso@cicely.de
Subject:   Re: SD card support?

On Fri, Feb 23, 2007 at 01:19:21PM +0200, Krassimir Slavchev wrote:
> Bernd Walter wrote:

> >>Good!
> >>
> >>I am going to investigate why my SD card is not detected.
> >>
> >>dmesg says only:
> >>
> >>at91_mci0: Setting controller bus width to 1
> >>at91_mci0: Setting controller bus width to 1
> >>at91_mci0: Setting controller bus width to 1
> >>at91_mci0: Setting controller bus width to 1
> >>mmc0: setting transfer rate to 30.000MHz
> >>at91_mci0: Setting controller bus width to 1
> >>

> >I noticed a problem when netbooting, that cards are only detected on
> >reboot.
> >Booting via boot2 doesn't hsow this problem.
> >Another point, which I noticed yesterday is that the kernel did not
> >find a verbatim media, although boot2 sucessfully loaded the kernel.
> >

> Yes, because bootspi does not call sdcard_init() function!

Ah - yes, different point, since I have
        AT91F_MCI_CfgPIO();
	AT91F_MCI_CfgPMC();
For BWCT boards.
That fits with Warners assumtion of miss-/nonconfigured GPIO.
In the same manner he is probably right about the PHY, since a non
matching rlphy should result in ukphy to match.
Not shure about bootspi, but depending on the configuration it might
ignore a MDIO Problem with the PHY.

--
B.Walter                http://www.bwct.de      http://www.fizon.de
bernd@bwct.de           info@bwct.de            support@fizon.de