Date:      Sat, 16 Sep 2000 10:34:05 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
Cc:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>, Will Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu>, FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   European vacations (was: Question about voting)

[following up to -chat]

On Friday, 15 September 2000 at 20:08:47 +0200, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 14, 2000 at 11:42:52AM +0930, Greg Lehey wrote:

>>> The reason that I changed it from 1 week to 4 weeks was at the request
>>> of many Europeans.  They are lucky enough to get 3-4 week vacations
>>> which they tend to take off all at once.
>>
>> FWIW, this isn't quite correct.  A lot of Europeans get up to 8 weeks
>
> Well. 8 weeks is a bit overstating it. 25 or 26 days is normal here
> in .nl Some people have an additional 12 or 13 days but these are
> most of the time to be taken 1 day in each month.

I was specifically referring to Germany.  When I left Tandem in
Frankfurt (admittedly 8 years ago), we were getting 37 days of
vacation a year.  Other people may not have been getting quite as
much, but I don't know of anybody who was getting less than 30.

This much vacation is really stupid.  We just weren't able to take it
all, and it expired at the end of March the following year.  March
tended to be a month with personnel coverage problems.

Greg