Date:      Wed, 15 Nov 2006 10:10:39 +0000
From:      Steve O'Hara-Smith <steve@sohara.org>
To:        "Patrick Vanguardia" <pvanguardia@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: help pinnacle pctv pro (ntsc) problem

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 04:22:47 +0800
"Patrick Vanguardia" <pvanguardia@gmail.com> wrote:

> im using pinnacle pctv pro ntsc in freebsd 6.1-release i added the bktr
> module in my kernel also the devices need to run my pctv using fxtv. fxtv
> shows glitter image as well as mplayer and xawtv. i also tried all systcl
> but no use.. anyone here who can help me?
>
> dmesg output
>
> bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xf7efe000-0xf7efefff irq 23 at device 11.0 on
> pci2
> bktr0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
> bktr0: MT2032: Companycode=30bf Part=b0 Revision=b0
> bktr0: MT2032 not found or unknown type

	Odds on this is not an MT2032 tuner at all but an MT2050 tuner. I
had patches[1] some time ago for MT2050 (several of them based on
different sources) which at least recognised the tuner and tried to tune
channels, but I never got a good result from them. The best I got was snowy
pictures - in the end I bought a set top DTV box and plugged it into the
S-Video socket :)

[1] I could probably dig them out - but you should be warned that they were
against what is now an oldish version of DragonFly and would take work to