Date:      04 Feb 99 11:39:33 -0500
From:      Larry Orchier <larry@computerlarry.com>
To:        "freebsd-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Can't configure IP Values

All that I need to do is to change the IP values so that I can relocate a mail server and a web server.

The machine they gave me has 2.1.5  running on it.

I attempted to make changes in etc/sysconfig

there's a line that I modified to look like below

ifconfig_ep0 "inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx  netmask 255.255.255.0"

I can't ping after I reboot

However, if I type in the following as a command at the # prompt I can ping out, and be pinged in.

ifconfig cp0 inet xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx netmask 255.255.255.0 up

With the line above, I don't have any DNS service

What is the syntax for entries in the file that stores the router and nameserver?

I also have seen the following lines in sysconfig

static_routes = ""

I put in my router number where the xxx's are below

route_default = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"      defalutrouter = "xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"

routing daemon

Thanks.