Date:      Wed, 22 Mar 2000 20:45:54 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Christopher J. Booth" <cbooth@aixx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD & an IBM "PC CAMERA" on a USB Port?

Hi, FreeBSDers:

Will an IBM "PC Camera", running on a USB port, work with FreeBSD 3.4?

The onset of spring has brought on an interesting project: A pigeon has
nested right outside the window, and is brooding on two small white
eggs. I would like to set up a PC camera so that my Little Girl, who is in
kindergarten, can observe the bird, the eggs, and  later the pigeon
chicks without disturbing them. I might also try to make it available via
my Web page or dial-up to my daughter's kindergarten class--I think that
all the kids would enjoy watching the mother, the eggs, and the chicks
(assuming they survive), and I would like to try the project out for my
own edification.

My PC has two USB ports on the motherboard.

Any advice on inexpensive Web Cam video cameras that might work well would
be appreciated.

Thank you.

Chris Booth

Christopher J. Booth