Date:      Sat, 18 Sep 1999 23:26:46 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PAO necessary for Tecra 8000?

According to Paul M. Lambert:
> Which FreeBSD?  3.2?  With or without PAO?

I have a Tecra8000 running at first plain 3.2 w/o PAO and it was working fine.
Insertion/removal was detected.

I installed PAO to use a WaveLAN/IEEE card and it is still working fine.
It sleeps correctly (even w/o PAO). I have used last week to run INRIA IPv6
with mobility support. It is very impressive to be able to switch from one
ethernet to another then from ethernet to wireless while keeping open
connections.

The WaveLAN cards are great. The wi driver is only available under PAO in 3.2
so I had to install it.

> What features do/don't you use?  Does it sleep correctly?  Are you
> able to drive both internal and external monitors with X?

Haven't tried the external monitor.

> How about floppy drive access?  (Mine only recognizes the external floppy
> if it's connected at boot).

Hmmm, I think mine does the same thing but as the fdc driver is not loadable,
I'm not surprised.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: The Power to Serve! -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 4.0-CURRENT #74: Thu Sep  9 00:20:51 CEST 1999