Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:51:37 +0100 (CET)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Better fixit (was: Why was rsh removed from the fixit floppy?)

On Sun, 23 Jan 2000, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jan 2000, Peter Jeremy wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 21 Jan 2000 18:01:34 +0530, Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com> wrote:
> > >If you want a better fixit floppy, you should consider the new custom
> > >disk pair with PicoBSD ...  There's still space on there; what
> > >else could we put there?
> >
> > ssh or OpenSSH (though this might cause distribution problems - how did
> > Jordan's visit to WC's Counsel go?)
>
> Unfortunately openssh is quite a bit bigger than the standard ssh, because
> openssl isn't exactly the slimmest crypto library in the world :-) But, it
> would definitely be a cool thing.

Feel invited to visit freebsd-small, where we discuss now future
directions for small floppy-based setups (which include installation disks
as well).

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------