Date:      Sat, 13 Jul 2002 16:07:46 +0930
From:      Mike Gratton <mike@vee.net>
To:        Alexander Nedotsukov <bland@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bootstrap loader + USB keyboard no-worky [was: Do VIA 83C572 USB controllers suck or is it just me?]

Alexander Nedotsukov wrote:
> Take a look at the patches I have
> created some time ago to resolve this problem. So, at least they works
> for me.

Thanks, I'll give it a try sometime in the next few days..

It's interesting, however, that the MBR bootloader(?) - as opposed to
the bootstrap loader - works fine. And I assume that it accesses the
keyboard in a similar fashion.

I can select the drive I want to boot from via the MBR bootloader, and I
can use the USB keyboard after the machine has booted, but I can't use
it in the bootstrap loader. Very odd.

/mike

--
Mike Gratton <mike@vee.net>, <http://web.vee.net/>;