Date:      Sun, 28 Jul 1996 17:48:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@riley-net170-164.uoregon.edu>
To:        Kjell-=?iso-8859-1?Q?=C5ke Ahlin <Kjell-Ake.Ahlin@vfak.slu.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installation of FreeBSD cannot get started

On Wed, 17 Jul 1996, Kjell-=3D?iso-8859-1?Q?=3DC5ke Ahlin wrote:

> I would like to know if it is possible to get the latest 2.1.5-release of=
 FreeBSD from
> Walnut Creek CDROM - or should I go for a 2.2-SNAP-release instead? Do yo=
u think it=20
> could solve my problem? Or could a later release of a boot floppy do the =
trick?

2.1.5 hasn't come back from the press yet, but it should shortly.  In the
meantime you can download it from ftp.freebsd.org.

2.2-SNAPs are built from -current; don't use them unless you need them. =20

> I don=B4t seem to get anywhere trying to install the 2.1.0-release of Fre=
eBSD, which I got=20
> on a CD from Walnut Creek this spring. The boot disk seems to recognize t=
he NCR 53C810=20
> PCI SCSI-controller (PCI-SC200-card) on the ASUSTeK P55SP4-motherboard (l=
atest BIOS=20
> version) and also the two HP Surestore SCSI-harddisks (C3724, 1 GB and C3=
725, 2 GB)as=20
> well as the Iomega Jaz-drive (1 GB) and the Toshiba CD-player (XM-3701B).
>=20
> BUT: In the installation program I can=B4t access anything but the Jaz-di=
sk (sd2 - only a=20
> partition table of this is presented, no disk choices before that), altho=
ugh I have been=20
> able to boot and install WIN95, OS/2 Warp 3 and Win-NT 3.51 from primary =
partitions on=20
> sd0 and sd1 without any problems. I use the OS/2 Boot Manager.

So you are trying to install to the Jaz drive?  Is it found in the boot
probe on startup?=20

Doug White                              | University of Oregon =20