Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:33:43 +0000
From:      Chris Hastie <lists@oak-wood.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   How to upgrade from 5.2.1 to 5.3 with only remote access

Hi

I'm sure there must be documentation on this, but I just can't find it.
Plenty of stuff on upgrading from 4.x to 5.3, but nothing on upgrading
from 5.2.1

The situation is that I have a remote, leased server running 5.2.1. I
have ssh access only, no console access or terminal server, so anything
involving single user mode is not an option. I believe the original
installation was a binary installation, though I have since installed
some of the source (using sysinstall) so that I could customise the
kernel.

What is the most sensible way to set about performing this upgrade? Is
it even possible?

Thanks
--
Chris Hastie