Date:      Sat, 26 Feb 2011 16:05:31 +0100 (CET)
From:      Barbara <barbara.xxx1975@libero.it>
To:        <freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   openjdk6 default VM

Just for curiosity, I'm wondering why the default VM for openjdk6 is the
Client VM:
    $ /usr/local/openjdk6/bin/java -version
    openjdk version "1.6.0"
    OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0-b21)
    OpenJDK Client VM (build 19.0-b09, mixed mode)

This is not consistent with the other JVM I've installed: jdk15, jdk16, diablo-
jdk16 and not even with openjdk7!
I don't know if benchmarks/scimark2 could be considered a good benchmark to
measure performances for real usage, but I get a 142% composite score running
it with "-server" option.

Barbara