Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:00:53 -0500 (GMT)
From:      mdk@physics.unipune.ernet.in
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   mailto:freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG

   Dear Sir,

           I am having a prblem with boot-up of a Freebsd machine.
It's a Pentium running FreeBSD -2.2.5-PREREL.  It was running fine for last so
 many months. The problem has started some few days before only.

 While booting up it doesn't give login prompt on local console. It completes
 all other processes of normal boot up. It starts various daemons, detects
 ethernet card properly, all other things are ok. But it comes to the message
 showing  the date, day,time it gets stuck and doesn't move further to give
 login prompt. Interesting things is since it detects the network to which it
 is connected properly I could connect it from other machine on network
 where I get login , proper shell and I can work futher. The only thing is
 it doesn't give login prompt on local console.

  I will be happy and obliged to get the solution on this.

 Thanking in anticipation.

  Sincerely

  Mahendra Khandkar