Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2008 23:09:36 +0200
From:      Mel <fbsd.questions@rachie.is-a-geek.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Edward Capriolo <edlinuxguru@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Invoking ldconfig without arguments wipes all hints and makes me very sad

On Thursday 10 April 2008 22:50:31 Edward Capriolo wrote:
> I just wrote to the list about the SAME thing. I totally agree. This
> is like the
> saying 'rm' command without arguments will delete every file on your
> computer. I did the same thing. I wish it was a virtual system I did
> it to as well :)

First of all, running ldconfig without arguments does nothing bad. Running
ldconfig without flags and with arguments does.

Secondly, what is the command:
ldconfig /usr/lib

supposed to do, according to newbie friendly logic?
Because it should be possible to "just have the linker create hints for one
directory".

--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.