Date:      Wed, 7 Jan 2004 01:18:46 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Yoan Talagrand" <Shes@virtualdesire.org>
To:        <jez.hancock@munk.nu>
Cc:        richard_bejtlich@yahoo.com
Subject:   Re: Logging user activities

There is many tools/ways to log users activities, it depends on what you
are trying to get and how you want it.
A quick and easy way to do so is to basicly patch some shells... ie bash
with a tool such bash-bofh (We do use it on major servers with
approximativly 500 shell users, it's working fine for our use.)

I've wrote a script once who, completed with such logging system, allowed
you to restrict dynamicly users actions. It worked with blacklist
commands, etc... You can do one easyly.

Offcourse only one method isn't enough, you need to add many protections,
begining with users/groups access.

Yoan Talagrand
--
virtualdesire dot org