Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 2004 16:49:23 +0900
From:      Rob <spamrefuse@yahoo.com>
To:        Maxim V Tretjyakov <knyaz@dom-sp.ru>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TFTPD timeout

Maxim V Tretjyakov wrote:

>>Do you have an entry for tftpd in /etc/hosts.allow ?
>

> Yes, there is:
> ALL : ALL : allow
>
> I never changed this file.

I have a tftp server running on a master PC for a cluster of
diskless PCs (though this is a 5.3 system). When using the
proper hostnames or IP numbers with tftp, it works just fine.

So far I had never tried with localhost, so I did it just now.
Whatever I do with localhost, it never allows tftp. So apparently
there's something build-in that does not allow tftp over localhost.
It also doesn't make much sense to use tftp for localhost,
does it? Have you tried to use the proper IP number with tftp?

R.