Date:      Sat, 17 Dec 2005 19:46:04 +0800
From:      Ariff Abdullah <skywizard@MyBSD.org.my>
To:        Kazuhito HONDA <kazuhito@ph.noda.tus.ac.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: patch for 24-bit soft volume and uaudio's tiny fix

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 03:37:15 +0900 (JST)
Kazuhito HONDA <kazuhito@ph.noda.tus.ac.jp> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have already had a soft volume, feeder_volume_s16().
> But it is of 16 bit.  So 24-bit sound streams are
> always downgraded to 16-bit before soft volume
> even though a sound device has a 24-bit port.
> Thus 24-bit soft volume is necessary.
>
> This mail has a patch for 24-bit soft volume.
> I tried to use it with `SB Live! 24-bit external'
> and it worked.
>
> And the patch includes a fix of tiny mistakes in uaudio.c, too.

uaudio.c: Obvious mistake that need to be fixed.

feeder_volume.c: Ok, looks good. My concern is endianess issue, but
                 this can be ignored for now. I need to examine it
                 first.

channel.c: Changes against feeder building process is a bit sensitive,
           some brute testing need to be done here.

Thanks.

--
Ariff Abdullah
MyBSD