Date:      Tue, 14 Apr 1998 02:03:07 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        patl@phoenix.volant.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java for Mozilla

> The reasoning was that existing JVM/JRE
> implementations are sufficiently solid on all (of Netscape's) targeted
> platforms that it does not make sense to duplicate the effort of
> maintaining one internally.

Clearly the chain of logic behind this reasoning did not consider
Macintosh machines.

Sun had stated that they were going to release a JAVA "plug-in" for
both Netscape and IE, so that the JAVA will be "right" and "compliant"
in both browsers.

If they go ahead with this, then serious work should go into getting
Sun to put the code on FreeBSD , as well.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.