Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:55:51 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bhishan Hemrajani <bhishan@cytosine.dhs.org>
To:        David Daugherty <doc@wcug.wwu.edu>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: cable download varies w/FreeBSD

That's exactly what I get. And I am extremely sure that I am not reading
it wrong. I have two programs that tell me the current bandwidth usage.

For FreeBSD, I use mrtg. And on my windows box I use DU Meter.

On the windows box I see 150-300kilobytes/sec in DU Meter as well as
in the IE save window (this value is an average).

Is there anything I can do to optimize the FreeBSD connection to the
cable modem service?

--bhishan

P.S I am in a very new area, so the connections here are really good.
The only bad part is that they cap upstream to 256kilobits/sec, wrather
than the no caps that I've seen in other areas.