Date:      Sun, 6 Mar 2005 18:37:45 +0100
From:      Anthony Atkielski <atkielski.anthony@wanadoo.fr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What's the minimum memory for a process in FreeBSD 5.3?

Roland Smith writes:

> Shared libraries, stack space, heap space.

Why would shared libraries be charged against the process--they should
be common to every process, right?

How much stack and heap space is allocated by default, and is it
individually or globally configurable?

I'm not hurting for memory at the moment, I'm just wondering how it's
done.

The largest process I have running on the production server at the
moment is named, but I think most of that memory is for the DNS cache.

--
Anthony