Date:      Sun, 27 Apr 2003 17:56:10 -0600 (MDT)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        DougB@freebsd.org
Cc:        mjj@isorauta.ntc.nokia.com
Subject:   Re: more on netgear ma311 failures

In message: <20030427142006.Q3465@znfgre.qbhto.arg>
            Doug Barton <DougB@freebsd.org> writes:
: On Sun, 27 Apr 2003, Mike Jackson wrote:
:
: >  I have continued to lock-up my fbsd box to hardware reset while using
: > my ma311 in AP mode.
:
: >  I haven't been able to find a windows box to use to update the firmware
: > for the ma311.
:
: If you can't get the card's firmware up to at least 1.0.1/1.4.9, then
: you're going to continue to have problems, period. I realize it's
: inconvenient to need a windows box to fix this problem, but that's just
: how the universe is sometimes.

I've often thought about requiring a hw.wi.allow_broken_firmware=1 for
the wi driver to work with known bad firmware :-)

Warner