Date:      Mon, 2 Oct 2000 00:24:08 -0500
From:      "Corey G." <cgaff@flashcom.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Signal 4 while compiling 4.1.1

I just compiled Gimp on the same system without any hitches.  Other
programs as well.  I also ran memory tests and verified the
motherboard's temperature via the BIOS and visually checked the fans.

It's my belief that within the last three weeks new code was inserted
into STABLE that was never fully tested to compile on an AMD CPU.

We now have another user who has posted a similar if not identical
problem while compiling 4.1.1 using an AMD processor.  This is starting
to look like a coding problem.

Thanks,
Corey

On Sun, Oct 01, 2000 at 07:03:02PM -0700, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Corey G. <cgaff@flashcom.net> [001001 19:01] wrote:
> > No matter what, while compiling on my AMD K62-450 I get some type of
> > signal 4 error.  4.1.1 compiled fine on a PIII.  Any ideas?  Three weeks
> > ago 4.1 STABLE compiled fine too.  Is my CPU going bad or is this a CPU
> > incompatibility problem?
>
> Something is wrong with your system, check cabling, cooling and memory.
>
> sorry,
> -Alfred

---end quoted text---

--