Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 1997 11:47:05 -0600
From:      Randy Terbush <randy@covalent.net>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@cdsnet.net>
Cc:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Serious performance issue with 2.2.5-RELEASE

I've been seeing the same sorts of problems on a P5-200.

Single 4GB SCSI Ultrawide
Adaptec 2940 UW
128MB RAM
IPFIREWALL
IPDIVERT
NFS
NETATALK
Cyclades

The system is an NFS client and web server.

If NFS mounts are made *without* nfsv2 option, NFS services will
hang after about 2 days. This machine has multiple network
interfaces. ed, fxp, ep

I too have come to the conclusion that it is long delays moving
things in and out of swap.

I'm happy to share more information if someone requests it.

Note: the same setup was working fine running 2.2-STABLE.

-Randy