Date:      Sat, 8 Dec 2018 16:59:05 -0800
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        =?UTF-8?Q?Christian_St=c3=a6rk?= <xi@borderworlds.dk>, x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel UHD Graphics 620

On 12/8/18 10:11 AM, Christian Stærk wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to get graphics working properly on my laptop but has had
> no luck so far.
>
> I have Intel UHD Graphics 620. From pciconf:
>
> vgapci0@pci0:0:2:0:     class=0x030000 card=0x08a51028 chip=0x3ea08086
> rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
>     vendor     = 'Intel Corporation'
>     device     = 'UHD Graphics 620 (Whiskey Lake)'
>     class      = display
>     subclass   = VGA
>
> I have installed drm-stable-kmod and added to ny rc.conf:
> kld_list="/boot/modules/i915kms.ko"
>
> i915kms.ko and drm.ko get loaded on boot.
>
> When I try to start X, it tries to load i915.ko which fails because
> the "wrong" drm module is loaded:
> KLD i915.ko: depends on drm - not available or version mismatch
>
> I have placed my Xorg log file here:
> https://borderworlds.dk/~xi/Xorg.0.log.txt
>

> Is there something more I need to configure to make X use i915kms or
> is this hardware unsupported?

Interesting, looking at your log file it looks like Xorg is unable to
open the /dev/dri/card0 device.  Can you confirm that your user is a
member of the "video" group, and if so verify that that device does or
does not exist?  That is where I would start debugging wise.  Also, if
that does not help maybe posting your dmesg as well will be helpful.

Cheers,

-pete

--
Pete Wright