Date:      Sun, 20 Oct 1996 12:33:16 +0200
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail-8.8.2 ready to go..

According to Peter Wemm:
> Unless somebody screams foul real soon, I'm planning on importing
> sendmail-8.8.2.  I've been running it since the early alpha test versions,
> and there's some major stuff that we could really use in there.

Agreed but:

> Among the huge list are:
>   - compatable quoted-printable and base64 to 8-bit conversion.

Don't use it by default. The latest security bug was related to this... It
is the default on freefall to use smtp8 and it prevent 8->7 and 7->8
conversions.

--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 2.2-CURRENT #25: Tue Oct 15 21:13:57 MET DST 1996