Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 2004 09:53:19 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Doug Rabson <dfr@nlsystems.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Valgrind for FreeBSD

--1SQmhf2mF2YjsYvc

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 09:39:40AM +0100, Doug Rabson wrote:
> On Saturday 10 April 2004 00:04, Joe Halpin wrote:

> > Hmm, I installed perl 5.8.3, after which valgrind built and installed
> > successfully. However, since then other stuff isn't working any more.

> Possibly you need to run 'use.perl' to select which perl to use (port or=
=20
> system). You might also need to re-install any perl packages.

Errr... normally yes, but it's not actually possible to install
perl-5.8.3 through the ports yet.  Latest version from ports is 5.8.2

There is apparently some problem with 5.8.3 which prevents the port
being updated, although the maintainer is working on it.  OP might be
better off stripping out the 5.8.3 he's installed and installing 5.8.2
through the ports (including 'use.perl ports').

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way