Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 1999 20:20:20 -0800
From:      "Dan O'Connor" <dan@jgl.reno.nv.us>
To:        "R Joseph Wright" <rjoseph@nwlink.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: weirdness with a directory named ~

>> 1) Don't crosspost.
>
>What is it about crossposting that people don't like?

Well, most of us subscribe to more than one list, and we get a lot of e-mail
traffic. It's a little irritating getting multiple copies of the same e-mail
sent to -questions, -stable, -newbies, -current, -security, -hardware, and
whatever else...

Just post one copy in one location, if you don't get an answer try somewhere
else later. If you're off-topic in the chosen list, someone will let you
know :-)

Happy New Year!

--Dan

**  The thing I like most about Windows 98 is...
**  You can download FreeBSD with it!