Date:      Fri, 17 Apr 2009 21:30:09 +0200
From:      Aniruddha <mailing_list@redmijncomputer.nl>
To:        Mel Flynn <mel.flynn+fbsd.questions@mailing.thruhere.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems watching video with  the Radeon HD 3850

Mel Flynn wrote:
> -cache 20480 for a ~20MB cache which should be sufficient to rule this out. If
> this resolves the problem, it's not in your video card (or driver), but rather
> in storage media.
>
> If using mplayer, can you try if specifying a cache resolves the
> problems? Use
This didn't work, I suspect the problem is with the driver though. I
added the following line to my xorg.conf's device section (source
http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd:INSTALL):

        Option          "AccelMethod" "EXA"
        Option          "DRI"

This seemed to fix the problem somewhat but now scrolling in Firefox is very slow.