Date:      Thu, 15 Sep 2005 10:46:44 -0400
From:      Paul Baughman <phb1@psulias.psu.edu>
To:        Tillman Hodgson <tillman@seekingfire.com>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 6.0-beta4 on 2100A: unexpected machine check

Tillman,

I have two of these beasts, and recent freeBSD releases do not recognize
the machine.  The last I tried (5.2) freebsd will not install directly.  I
had to go back to 4.11 in order for the installer to recognize the machine
type.

My plan when I got 4.11 installed was to build a release manually, but I
haven't had the time to do this.

Unless one of the gurus says otherwise, I don't think you can install
directly.  Contrary-wise, if they *do* say it can be done, someone *please*
tell me how also.

Paul Baughman