Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 2010 05:29:19 -0800
From:      Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
To:        Matthias Andree <mandree@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: recent 8.2-STABLE commits break nullfs for tinderbox?

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 02:21:20PM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Am 22.12.2010 13:44, schrieb Mike Tancsa:
> > On 12/22/2010 7:03 AM, Matthias Andree wrote:
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >> I'm tracking 8.2-PRERELEASE, and it appears that recent commits to nullfs, zfs,
> >> vfs, or thereabouts have broken Tinderbox for me.
> >>
> >> I'm mounting my ports tree via nullfs, which has been working fine for a year.
> >>
> >> Any ideas, or further info needed?
> >
> > Hi,
> > 	Whats specifically broken ?  Two of the freebsd tinderbox machines are
> > RELENG_8 from Dec 3 and they are fine.  However, they dont use nullfs,
> > just zfs and ufs.  Is it just nullfs thats broken ? What are the errors
> > you are getting ?
>
> I updated after that.
>
> mount_nullfs /usr/ports.cvs /usr/local/tinderbox/portstrees/FreeBSD/ports fails
> with "resource conflict avoided".  I'll now rebuild GENERIC from scratch
> (including "make clean") to see if that helps.
>
> Tried switching to NFS, this appears to work now.

FWIW, i can't find this error message ("resource conflict avoided")
anywhere in /usr/src, /usr/include, nor /usr/ports on RELENG_8 source
dated from 2 hours ago.

grep -ri "resource conflict" /usr/src does return some results, but
nothing that looks identical to the string you posted.

Only reason I'm pointing this out: it would be good to find the commit
that breaks things for you, if there is such a commit, but we need
something to key off of.

--
| Jeremy Chadwick                                   jdc@parodius.com |