Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 18:00:01 -0300 (EST)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
To:        semen@iclub.nsu.ru (Ustimenko Semen)
Cc:        dkelly@hiwaay.net, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NTFS

#define quoting(Ustimenko Semen)
// > NTFS under FreeBSD is still read-only, right?
// >
//
// It is possible to write, if we doesn't change size, name and etc.
// And if file doesn't have any 'holes', and is not compressed.
//
// Writing assume that you will use it like swap file, that's all.

  How would you evaluate performance and stability in doing so ?

  I've tried using swap files (vnode) over msdos partition, but the
performance made it unusable.

					Jonny

--
Joao Carlos Mendes Luis			jonny@jonny.eng.br