Date:      Sat, 5 Jul 2003 19:23:32 +0700 (ICT)
From:      "Chatchawan Wongsiriprasert" <cws@miraclenet.co.th>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   New nVidia driver hang if SoftEIDs disable

Hi,

I try new FreeBSD nVidia driver (1.0.4365) on my notebook (FreeBSD
4.8/Satellite Pro 6100/GeForce4 420 Go). The driver seems to work fine
except that when I try to disable SoftEIDs
(with sysctl hw.nvidia.registry.SoftEDIDs=0) to allow 1400x1050 mode, the
driver freeze my notebook. I need to unplug and remove battery to reboot.

This method have been worked fine with old 1.0-3203 driver.

I check the document and found nothing that mention the change in SoftEDIDs
from 3203 to 4365.

Does anyone found the same problem as me? I wonder that this is the
problem to
my notebook or nVidia chip in general.

Regards,
Chatchawan Wongsiriprasert