Date:      Fri, 24 May 2019 09:06:38 +0200
From:      "Michael Osipov" <1983-01-06@gmx.net>
To:        "Robert Huff" <roberthuff@rcn.com>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: movinf from openjdk8 to openjdk11/12

Robert,

> 	jakarta-commons-codec-1.10
> 	jakarta-commons-logging-1.2
> 	jakarta-commons-httpclient-3.1_1
> 	jakarta-commons-lang-2.6

Out of couriosity, how to do you use them if not through dependency manage=
ment?

> 	hamcrest-1.3
> 	junit-4.12
> 	apache-ant-1.10.5
> 	bsh-2.0.b6
> 	icedtea-web-1.6.2_5
>
> 	using openjdk8.  While I understand the work is not complete,
> openjdk11 and openjdk12 are in the ports tree.
> 	I am _not_ java-aware; is there a way to tell which, if any, of
> those programs will not with one of those two versions?

Query the website of the projects and it will tell you.

I can tell you for the Apache Commons that all of the current versions are=
 tested
against Java 11, 12, 13 on the ASF Jenkins instance as well as the CI syst=
em available
at GitHub.

As Apache Commons member I highly advise you not use these anymore

> 	jakarta-commons-logging-1.2
> 	jakarta-commons-httpclient-3.1_1
> 	jakarta-commons-lang-2.6

They are *not* supported anymore.