Date:      Fri, 6 Oct 2006 12:28:52 -0400
From:      "Grant Peel" <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
To:        "Peter A. Giessel" <pgiessel@mac.com>
Cc:        freeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Disaster recovery.

Is it possible to boot the machine using a 'live' freebsd silesystem via cd?
Then setup the /mnt , setup the new filesystems, then use restore to briung
the real data to the disk?

I guess my question really should have been, if you install a new disk, or
re newfs a disk, how do you start the machine, a freebsd boot disk?
(without installing freebsd to the machine that the restore are going to
overwrite anyway!).

-Grant