Date:      Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:01:21 +0000
From:      "Stefan A. Deutscher" <sa.deutscher@tiscali.de>
To:        Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot@lphp.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hard drive bench

On Sun, Nov 23, 2003 at 08:58:54PM +0100, Antoine Jacoutot wrote:
> Hi :)
>
> Is there a hard drive speed measurement available for FreeBSD ?
> I don't need anything fancy, just something like "hdparm -t" under Linux.
>
> Thanks.

Hi Antoine,

 check out bonnie from the ports tree and make sure the test files are
at least the size of your RAM. Otherwise you'll be measuring the speed
of the caching system, which is pretty fast on BSD.

 Cheers, Stefan

Stefan A. Deutscher                             |
Donostia International Physics Center           | office: ++34-943-018174
Universidad del Pais Vasco, Facultad de Quimica | fax   : ++34-943-015600
Departamento de Fisica de Materiales            | home  : ++34-943-270647
Apartado 1072, San Sebastian 20080, Spain       | email : sad@mailaps.org