Date:      Fri, 04 Sep 1998 16:38:46 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP: 3.0 enters BETA status in 12 days!

> Hey Jordan, have you given any consideration to how you're going to
> handle the softupdates thing for the 3.0 GENERIC kernel?  I'm not

I'm not.  It's in LINT and that's as much as I'm going to worry about
for 3.0-RELEASE. :-)

It also doesn't belong in GENERIC anyway, the current licensing terms
for the soft updates code meaning that using it is something we need
to be a highly voluntary act on the part of the user, hopefully one
which requires reading the docs & license agreement before the option
can be activated.

- Jordan