Date:      Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:09:24 -0700
From:      "Balaji, Pavan" <pavan.balaji@intel.com>
To:        "'John Mills'" <john.m.mills@alum.mit.edu>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: Question on order and targets of kernel and world builds

"make buildworld" -- builds the kernel and the libraries (both kernel and
user level)

"make buildkernel" -- builds only the kernel

You can build kernels with different configuration files using "make
buildkernel KERNCONF=<kernel2>". Once you do the 'build', the kernel image
is stored as /kernel

More information in the FreeBSD Handbook. http://www.freebsd.org

Pavan Balaji,
Intel Corporation

    "Only the Paranoid Survive"  --  Andy Grove