Date:      Sun, 13 Jan 2002 12:27:27 +1100
From:      Mark.Andrews@isc.org
To:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
Cc:        alexus <mail@alexus.org>, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fw: Cron <root@c> /usr/local/bin/cvsup -g -h cvsup.FreeBSD.org /usr/share/examples/cvsup/stable-supfile >/dev/null;cd /usr/src;make buildworld >/dev/null;make buildkernel >/dev/null

> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 10:19:25AM -0500, alexus wrote:
> > hi
> >=20
> > i set up rebuild of my freebsd every saturday and it was rebuilding all t=
> he
> > time just fine, however today i got this
> >=20
> > is anyone knows what the hell is that?
>
> What are you claiming is the problem?

	Well some of them are a problems like casting away const
	on the first arguement to strcpy() so that you can overwrite
	a const string.

/usr/src/secure/lib/libtelnet/../../../crypto/telnet/libtelnet/sra.c:655: warning: passing arg 1 of `strcpy' discards qualifiers from pointer target type

	Casting away const when you know the function doesn't modify
	the arguement is reasonable.  Casting away the const when the
	the result is non-const referencing the const string is dubious
	at best and requires close inspection, e.g. strchr().  When the
	function does overwrite the arguement the program is just plain
	wrong and needs to be fixed.

	Mark

PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews@isc.org