Date:      Thu, 25 Sep 2008 17:03:16 -0500
From:      "David Polak" <me@davidpolak.com>
To:        "'Nejc S\(koberne'" <nejc@skoberne.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: mount_unionfs for jails

-snip-

> So, you can see that there are (still) many issues with unionfs on
> FreeBSD.
> Please let me know if you are able to solve your problem. Or else we
> can make
> this list a little longer. :)
>
> HTH,
> Nejc

Well, it turns out that my problem was due to a typo in my host systems
rc.conf.

I had duplicated the jail block and used a regex to rename it to the unionfs
jail, but missed the directory...

Right now, I am just testing things, but if it works, I'l use it. It seems a
lot more elegant that other solutions, as long as it actually works.

Do you know if there is a way to "reset" the unionfs? I did notice this:

fsserver# mkdir dir1 dir2
fsserver# touch dir1/basefile.file
fsserver# mount_unionfs -o below dir1 dir2
fsserver# ls dir2/
basefile.file
fsserver# rm dir2/basefile.file
fsserver# ls dir2
fsserver# umount dir2
fsserver# ls dir1 dir2
dir1:
basefile.file

dir2:
fsserver# mount_unionfs -o below dir1 dir2
fsserver# ls dir1 dir2
dir1:
basefile.file

dir2:
fsserver#

seems useful, but where does it store that info in case you need to make
stuff show up again?