Date:      Tue, 18 Sep 2001 19:43:13 -0400
From:      "Colin Legendre" <sudz@ns3g.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   makedev on fixit.flp

Hi there all

I has wondering if there is a special way to make device nodes while booted
on the fixit.flp.  Problem is that is only has device nodes for ad0s1a-h but
not for ad1 and so on.  I tried the standard way...sh MAKEDEV ad1s1a but get
errors. It appears that when booted on the fixiflp it is mounted read only.
and it will only allow you to mount it read only from a live OS mount as
well.  Any way to change this so I can create the nodes.  As well the error
I get when mounting is invalid group.

HELP Please...

Colin Legendre CCNA, MCP
sudz@ns3g.com